Well, I did it. I registered for 2 classes! I'm taking a math class- should be easy shmeasy but I want to start at the beginning so I don't miss anything- been WAY too long. The second class is a macro econ class. Peter graduated with a BS in Econ so he should be able to explain things if I need it. I start in January! I am also trying to apply for a grant but it turns out I still need to change my last name on my SS card. I still have my original with my maiden name on it. I have totally procrastinated doing this for so long. I guess it's about time.
I decided to finally go and return my overdue library books. They were due at the end of OCTOBER. Yep, October.... I will probably not be checking anything out for a while as I save up to pay the monster fee. 8 books. Ouch... The kicker? They have been sitting on my desk all nice and neat waiting to be returned and when I gather them up this morning, one is missing. It's a book on disk. So, I didn't go. I spent all morning looking for it and I still haven't found it. I don't know where it could be- no one even listened to it. SO I may have to replace it if I can't find it. Double ouch. I've never had to do that before. We really should become more regular visitors and then this wouldn't happen!!
Friday, November 30, 2007
What's in a name? and Library Fines...
Posted by Lena at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Hey.
I think my library fine is like sixty something.
oof.
:)
Steph in SLC
Yay for classes :).
I have had big fines before too, the library I now go to emails me two days before the books are due, helps tremendously!
I haven't replaced a book on tape but one book we lost was only $8, phew ;).
I'll 2nd the Yay for classes!
I haven't signed up for a math class yet, but I did sign up to take a science class next semester. You'll have to let me know how you like your classes. :)
Lena, just out of curiosity how have you filed your taxes since you have been married. They shouldnt have accepted them if you filed with your married name. They through ours back the first year we were married because of that very reason.
I HATE FINES! Yeah we get them I dont go to the library now unless we are going on a trip LOL! Much easier for me to just buy the book haha.
YEAH what are you going for or just to exercise the brain for a bit?
LOL Lena, I think the longest I ever kept a book and turned it in overdue was a week and I was freaking out. Good Luck with the fees and finding the one on disc.
hope you have a great weekend:))
Marcy
Oh , sorry, and Congrats on the classes, I'm sure you will do great!!
Marcy
I just file under my maiden name. They threw it back the first year too so ever since I just put my maiden name. I guess I should finally fix all of that!
good morning beana,
yay lena! so glad you signed up for your classes. you have sounded so much happier since you stepped toward this goal. really happy for you.
the nudger :)
aka your cheerleader
Awesome--good for you! :) Starting in January? and lol re. the library. Who in the world, with kids, hasn't been there before?!! So happy our library is all online, where I can renew books from home..phew :P
I hate library fines. Sometimes I think it'd be cheaper just to buy the dang books!
Congrats on the classes!!
Post a Comment