We don't have the spectacular autumn colors here as seen in other parts of the country. A few years ago I was in Illinois during the fall and it was just breathtakingly beautiful! Most of our leaves go from green to a brown fairly quickly. It probably doesn't help that it's still getting up to 80 degrees here in NOVEMBER! We do have SOME color though and I'm grateful for that. Here are some of the hues found in my yard today.
My two oldest are still sickies today. Now Robert is the one who can't keep his food where it belongs. And Sarah is still where she was yesterday. We'll get through this!
I do have some happy things to report! Yesterday I received a couple of things from generous freecyclers. One HUGE bag of yarn- various weights and colors. When she said huge, she meant huge. Peter brought it home after picking it up on the doorstep. It is one of those zippered plastic QUEEN size bedspread bags filled to the brim with yarn- much of it unused. Now I just need some knitting needles and a good website and I can learn how to knit!
The other thing I received was 2 huge black garbage bags full of Robert-sized clothes. One of just pants (Old Navy and gap jeans and cargos with the adjustable waists in pristine condition). I think there are probably 15 pair- way more than we need but I'm setting some aside for Eric too because Robert isn't as easy on his jeans as this kid was. The other bag was full of pristine shirts. Long sleeved, short sleeved, button-up, sweatshirts, sweaters. Some really nice clothes. Much nicer than I would have bought at Walmart. Now we just need to fill in the wardrobe with socks, underwear, shoes, Sunday shirts and pajamas and he'll be set.
Yay Freecycle!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Look at the Purty Colors
Posted by Lena at 7:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
It is nice to occasionally see other colors than brown and almost brown, lol. I have alot of what looks like baby's breath growing in my yard, but nothing as colorful as what you have. I hope robert and Sarah feel beter soon, its no fun when the kids are sick. /Crosses fingers that the others don't get sick.
As for the yarn, you can also learn to crochet:)) thats what I'm doing and am having fun making hats and dog sweaters at the moment, lol.
I bet Cooper loves the sweaters, lol! I can crochet enough to do an afghan or scarf or something like that but I really want to know how to knit too. If I don't learn by Christmas, I'll have my lil sis teach me!
Yay for free stuff! And woot for another knitter :)
knittinghelp.com is great for beginners, that's what i used.
WOW! That's a nice haul you got there!! Congrats!
I love the pictures, too!
Getting free kids clothes is so great!
I love to knit!! I still haven't been brave enough to try to make a sweater, but I make lots of baby blankets.
Hand me downs are the best. I get the nicest stuff that way. Way better then what I have to buy on the sale rack.
I love the fall colors too. A lot of great things in my life happened in the fall so I guess I have a soft spot in my heart for it.
Post a Comment