Thursday, November 08, 2007

100th Post!!!

So I recently heard here that it was tradition to do some kind of 100 things about me for my 100th post. I don't know if I can tell 100 things about me, but why I don't I give it a shot since you are all so interested in MORE about ME! You know you want to read every single one...

  1. I was born and raised in Texas.
  2. I was almost named Sally.
  3. We almost named our first daughter Sally.
  4. I met my husband 4 weeks before we were engaged and almost 3 months before we were married.
  5. I was homeschooled (well, took classes from a correspondence school) all through high school.
  6. I have never had a job at a fast food place.
  7. I have been to Mexico.
  8. I have been to England.
  9. When I was a teen, everyone's parents would let their kids go "if Lena will be there."
  10. They probably shouldn't have thought that.
  11. I have been to 2 concerts in my life. John Michael Montgomery and Barry Manilow.
  12. I love Barry Manilow.
  13. I know all the songs from the Smurf record albums.
  14. My kids think I am so weird.
  15. I still love 80's music.
  16. I am 30.
  17. I used to watch Days of Our Lives.
  18. I don't like any caffeinated drinks (until they put it in A&W Cream Soda that is)
  19. I've never tried alcohol.
  20. I've never taken any drugs I wasn't supposed to.
  21. I'm slightly (maybe a little more than slightly) claustrophobic.
  22. I get dizzy in elevators.
  23. 100 is a lot.
  24. I have never colored/highlighted my hair.
  25. I found some white hairs so #24 may not be true for much longer.
  26. I love Mario Kart- the original on the SuperNES
  27. I love the Oakridge Boys (Elvira, giddy up a mmm bop a mmm bop a maow maow)
  28. I know what N.C.M.O. is and practiced it in high school and college on a number of occasions.
  29. That doesn't mean I think it's a good idea.
  30. I dip my corn dogs in applesauce.
  31. I put Miracle Whip on my hot dog buns.
  32. When I was a little kid, I used to bite my toenails (EW!)
  33. My siblings and I have prank called random people from the phone book before (One time we called to say "Is there a John in the house?" they were supposed to say "No" and we would say "then how do you go to the bathroom?!" Instead we asked and the lady said John was at soccer practice. We weren't sure what to do so we just said okay and hung up, lol)
  34. I still remember my first phone number.
  35. I still remember my first crush- his name was Timmy Diven (I have no idea if I am spelling this right) It was in Kindergarten and I think he moved after that.
  36. I met my first best friend in Kindergarten too- I asked her if she needed a tissue because she was crying (Hi Staci!)
  37. I have a horrible, rotten, no good cold right now.
  38. I've already used up one bod of tissues today.
  39. I've never cleaned behind my fridge or behind my oven.
  40. I probably never will.
  41. My kids might someday, lol.
  42. I LOVE to read good books.
  43. I don't like to read books that aren't so great.
  44. I wanted to be a judge when I was little.
  45. I also wanted to be a singer
  46. I have a lot of medals from singing competitions when I was young.
  47. Pretend I wrote something interesting here.
  48. And here.
  49. Lena means "Temptress"
  50. I'm halfway there.
  51. I love unicorns and dragons
  52. I wish I was magic sometimes (like when the remote is on the other side of the room)
  53. I used to dream that I could fly all the time.
  54. I'm reading October Sky right now.
  55. I'm also reading Ghost Soldiers.
  56. I have a stack of library books that are at least 2 weeks overdue.
  57. I won't be checking anything out from the library again for a while...
  58. My 94 year old Great Grandmother lives with us.
  59. She is awesome.
  60. I've been online since I was 14 (hi Jen!)
  61. My sister and I had the same wedding dress only I didn't realize it until I bought mine. I actually didn't like hers all that much, lol. I had the largest petticoat in existence with mine so it kinda looked different...
  62. We've made chili for a chili cook-off 3 times and stayed home to eat it ourselves every time because it was so good.
  63. I can turn my hands all the way around.
  64. I can't stand the movie "Whale Rider" and don't see how everyone just "loved" that movie- barf-a-rama!
  65. I love the movie "Troop Beverly Hills"
  66. I used to have nightmares about the mix master (a merging of highways and turn-offs in Dallas). I didn't know what it was. I just remember my mom saying "We're going through the mix master" and I thought someone was going to mix up my brains. I never said anything until I was an adult though, lol.
  67. I used to think the words to the song were "I went to the danger zone" (Highway to the danger zone)
  68. I learned the correct words at a BYU football game.
  69. Here's a neat one of Peter's (what's his is mine right?): He went on a mission with Sigorny Weaver's niece.
  70. Why would you order french fries if you don't have a chocolate shake?
  71. I have never remembered to send in for a mail-in rebate. Never.
  72. I don't buy things based on discounts of mail-in rebates anymore.
  73. I should really be taking a shower right now.
  74. Seriously.
  75. I'm almost there though!
  76. I need to lose 30 pounds.
  77. Seriously-at least 30.
  78. Peter is still the man of my dreams.
  79. I even dream about him sometimes!
  80. My favorite color is yellow.
  81. My favorite Restaurant is (fill in any restaurant)
  82. I am so tired of Tamigachi
  83. I wish I could throw clothes away instead of washing them, lol.
  84. And yet, I wash diapers instead of buying the kind I could throw away... go figure.
  85. I make really yummy bread.
  86. I also make an awesome turkey for Thanksgiving.
  87. I miss the Food Network
  88. I miss summer when nothing was on TV and I did Yoga in the evenings.
  89. I LOVE pumpkin cheesecake.
  90. I also love pumpkin ice cream.
  91. Pumpkin pie is pretty darn good too.
  92. You see why I need to turn the TV off and do yoga instead...
  93. I can't believe I just did this instead of taking a nap.
  94. I have a birthmark in the shape of a "K" and my mom's name is Kathy.
  95. I loved the show "Get Smart." Anyone remember this show?
  96. I've never broken any bones.
  97. I've never been stung by a bee.
  98. I have ridden a camel.
  99. I have never made soup in a microwave.
  100. I have just done 100 blog posts!!

Now, if you were able to get through all of those, bravo!! You now know more about me than you ever wanted to!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th Post! I remember your first crush Timmy! He was the one who ran the lap around the field faster than everyone else in PE right?

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Hi back :P I loved reading this! Too fun!

Anonymous said...

beana!
cutey! fun to read your list. i was almost named jennifer. i met my husband in oct, engaged in nov, and married in jan (very similiar to you girl). thanks for the awesome emails girl, you rock, kathleen :)

Randi said...

You are one funny woman!! My favorites were: 81, 89, and 90. I DO remember Get Smart - my husband used to LOVE that show - and I have no idea what NCMO is.

Lena said...

Staci- yep, he was the fastest runner! I remember I beat him one time but it wasn't really fair because I had a huge head start. We will always be the best 3-legged racers!

Jen- you should do one too- it takes forever though...

Kathleen- I'll have to hear that story sometime- about you and your husband.

Randi- hmm, with your teenager dilemma, maybe I should tell you what NCMO is. I'll have to think about that one... I heard that they were doing a Get Smart movie- that would be awesome if they do it right! I can't imagine anyone else playing Max or 99 though...

Crystalyn said...

I loved the post Spel Beana.

Did Brooke buy the tickets for all of us to go see John Michael Montgomery?

How could you have been online since you were 14? I thought the internet got wide spread in 1996.

I remember you singing country songs and we truly all thought you could go big.

Crystalyn said...

This goes out to Randi. You have the greatest comments can I checkout your blog space. AND Lena what link is hers. It doesn't say justrandi or randi as the post link name.

Lena said...

Hey Crys, I don't have Randi's link up yet- I'm lazy like that ;) here's her blog though http://isitjustrandi.blogspot.com/ and anytime you want to see someone's blog who comments, you can click on their name above their comment and it will take you to their profile and list any blogs they have.

We forked over our own money for the concert. Remember I had to leave early because of my curfew. I got a ticket on the way home too, trying to get home on time- I made it home even with getting stopped!

MaBunny said...

Gratz on the 100th post:)) and now I do know a lot about you and it was fun to read.

can't wait for the 101st:))

Crystalyn said...

Oh sweet, thanks. Thats to bad for getting a ticket. I'm suprised I didn't get more tickets or wreck my car in High School. I did some crazy stupid stuff.

timmy said...

I don't know how old this is but I was googling my name and this website came up. Did you go to Short Elementary?

 
design by suckmylolly.com