Friday, November 02, 2007

A Season For Everything

(Okay- this is a rambler- sorry!)

I have to keep re-learning, and re-teaching myself this lesson. It has SOOOOO many facets. Oh, there are so many things I would just love to do- right now. Some things I would LOVE to do/have:

Have a beautifully decorated home
Take my kids on wonderful vacations
Go back to school
Learn how to decorate cakes
Write a book
Be one of those women who goes to lunch with her friends often
I would love a 12/15 passenger van so I can pick up my kids' friends
Volunteer
Go to the temple weekly
Sing in the choir
Take organ lessons

That's just a sample of some things I want. They are all wonderful things and things I will have or get to do one day. Now is not the time though and I will just go crazy trying if I don't remember that. This season of my life is for something very specific. Raising my kidlets. Schooling my kidlets. Being a friend and wife to my dear. That's enough for me for right now. I love my church calling and the connection it gives me to other women in the ward. I love my friends that I have and that they understand how busy I am and how excited they are when I actually take the time to go to an outing, lol. I've been contemplating taking some classes at the community college in the evening or online. I think I could squeeze that in. It would be a fun, worthy endeavor I think.

Even in the smallest moments I have to remember that there is a time for every good thing. Yesterday I held Eric most of the day and the house around me went to tatters. That time was for him though. I couldn't worry about a messy house when my baby needed me.

I had an email conversation with a friend and it reminded me that time really is very precious and so are the things that should fill up our day and our minds. We can spend so much time now on things, and people (hello- internet sucked you in lately?) that really don't contribute anything good to our lives. I think it is so important to help others and lift others up. However, there is a line between that and a relationship that brings you down. When you uplift someone else, you should also be uplifted. Otherwise it can be a relationship that does nothing but bring you down, or waste your time, as well as theirs. It is o.k. to let those relationships go- go ahead, clean out the address book, the favorites list, the inbox, say no. Always be on the look-out for things that are good though. I love this in the 13th article of faith:

If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report, or praiseworthy, we SEEK after these things.

So, go on and seek, that's not a waste of time. To everything there is a season and a time and a place. So seek those things that are wonderful and uplifting and bring a smile to your face and be happy in the season that you are in! I am very happy with this season. I love to watch my babies and see them learn. It is hard sometimes to not try and rush to the next season but I do so enjoy this one and will miss it when it is gone. I was thinking that last night as I held a sleeping Joseph. I am REALLY going to miss this season.

4 comments:

MaBunny said...

Lena,
I love your entry about A season for everything, it hit home for me too. Havne't had a good family vacation for a long time, and cn't always afford the things I may want, but its important to just have my family.. When things get bad, Chris alwsy tells me that as long as we have each other that anything is possible.
I also read your Animanics entry, that is hilarious! Chris and I loved the Animaniacs, that my be somthing I have to get for Nicole as I think she would get a big kick out of it. Remember the song they used to sing of all the states? that always cracked me up:)) I hope Eric and all of you feel better soon. Chris has those same symptoms at this time, but thankfully Nicole and I don't (YET!).

Marcy

Anonymous said...

Sweet, touching post. Good things to think on. You're totally right. My littlest man is going to be THREE (!!!) soon and I'm cherishing the snuggles I can sneak in. :)

Anonymous said...

hi lena dear:
i love this post. you nailed it. i love what you focus on here and how you say it. you brought happy tears to my eyes.

i love sharing emails with you friend. sharing emails with you is like what you and i would talk about if we went to lunch together just to chat at least once or twice a week.

thanks for this post and all the emails. love ya friend, kathleen :)

ps. you are a great article #13 friend ... so worth knowing.

Anonymous said...

cleaning out what you don't need or which does not provide joy anymore feels really good ...

i am thinking of the concept about "when one door closes, another one opens, but often we fail to notice" because we are so wrapped up in what we lost. i have been noticing more lately what i have thankfully been given (and am focusing less on anything i have lost). how can i really feel like i have lost anything when the blessings i have now are even better? i do feel grateful about this today.

thank you also for your kind feedback today about being genuine. i loved participating in the interview. thank you for sharing it with me. hope your night is so sweet hon, kathleen :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com