Last weekend we had a fun time at Boo at the Zoo! The kids got a picture with a wolf and Dora and we saw a magician- oh and we did see some animals too. ;) The Crocodiles were so neat to watch- I could just sit and watch them all day long I think. Eric didn't want to dress up so he just wore a Thomas hat and carried his beloved pumpkin. Sarah was Hermione (if I hadn't cut her hair- it would have been perfect!), Robert was a ghost, Kaela was Tinker Bell, and Joseph was Tigger.
After the zoo, we went to the church for a little carnival. The kids had fun seeing their friends and winning some little prizes. After that was the trunk or treat, which we didn't stay for. We were just too pooped and the kids needed to go to bed on time after such a long fun day. They didn't even complain about it! Look at those lashes!!!
Halloween came around and Sarah decided she wanted to be a dead bride, or Bride of Frankenstein, instead of Hermione. I found a white sheet that was rarely used and sewed up a plain fitted dress for her to wear as a wedding dress. I didn't even have to hem it- she was dead after all. We had some old lacy curtains that made a nice veil. Not bad for a last minute costume. Eric decided he did want to dress up and wore his Thomas hat with a superman cape. It worked for him. Robert didn't want make-up this time and Kaela was the same as the other day. We went to my mom's house and left a sleeping Joseph behind while we went trick or treating. Eric had started to get sick that day so we were only going to have him do a couple of houses. Good thing. By the time we got 3 houses down, my cell rang and I could hear Joseph screaming in the background. Apparently he noticed we weren't there and wasn't happy about it. So Peter took Eric back and I continued with the older kids- they could go a lot faster now! It was a fun time and we all went home tired.
I took Joseph in yesterday for his well-child visit and he got some vaccines and a flu shot to boot. We need to bring him back in for his second flu shot and to weigh him in a month because he only gained 1 pound. I'm not worried and the Dr. didn't really seemed worried either, she just wanted to check him since he'll be in anyway. So, he started out chunky like the others and now he's slimming down like them too.
Eric is sick now. He has a cold and I'm hoping it's not the flu. He has a low grade fever- day 3 of that now- a runny nose and I think his throat is bothering him today from all that drainage. The other kids are starting to feel it in their throats and noses now too- as am I a bit- so we'll probably all hunker down here for a while and wait for it to pass. I think a fire is called for tonight. Whew- see what happens when I go a few days without blogging anything significant? Lots of catching up to do!
Friday, November 02, 2007
Trick or Treat and Other Things
Posted by Lena at 8:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
hope the sickies get better. i love the dead bride idea best. see ya sweetie, kathleen :)
Sarah's outfit is my favorite. Good job! I didn't know you new how to sew. Did you do much growing up, or was it a talent you were forced into as a mom?
I sewed a little bit as a teenager- I took a sewing class when I was 12, that's about it. I have done a few things since I've had kids though. It's a fun hobby for me that I wish I could do more.
Post a Comment