Yes, I have them too. I don't have too many of them though. I really do love my life and some days can be SOOOO tiring but at the end of the day, I always have more blessings than not. Today is one of those days that I'm trying to not let it get to me. My poor little guy Eric has had terrible double ear infections this week- probably last week too but we didn't catch it until Monday. He is a pro at NOT taking meds so he was the unwilling recipient of a shot of antibiotics on Monday. We went back today for a re-check and he needed another shot. We get to go back on Friday for another re-check and possibly another shot. Fun for him. It's actually so much better than trying to force feed him medicine 3 times a day for 10 days though. Problem is that we have the kind of insurance that you have to pay the deductible for everything. So they charge us the fee for a sick visit up front at each of these visits- ca-ching$$. Then we will get a bill for the remainder. I bet that shot is not a cheap thing. Ca-ching$ again. What keeps me going on days like this? Quite a few things today.
-We have a little secret stash of $125 of cash back from our bank that we can use for Christmas this year!
-This month is a month of one extra paycheck that isn't in our average budget. Thank goodness!
-A great dad who took Joseph for me so I could concentrate on Eric at the Dr office. He works in the same complex and pushed Joseph around in the stroller while we were busy.
-A great mom who took the other 3 kids and played with them this morning.
-A great husband who works hard and is working harder to better himself and his career.
-Eric is doing 100x better today than he was over the weekend. I'd pay so much more to make that happen.
-Two boys sleeping soundly at the same time so I can do this and then go fold some laundry! I do love a break.
-An early bedtime- again, I do need a break now and again and since they go to bed at 7 and 7:30 for Sarah, it gives me a break AND time for Peter and I to spend together.
-I have good insurance and a great doctor's office who cares about us and knows us well.
-Relatively healthy kids. They may see us a lot but that's just because there are a lot of us, not because we get sick often.
-Good friends IRL and online.
Okay, Joseph is starting to squawk so I need to go get him to take a REAL nap, lol. That will have to do for now!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Bad Days
Posted by Lena at 10:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ahh! How smart of you to "count your blessings" instead of just fucusing on the bad stuff!
And you've got some good ones . I esp love the early bedtime thing, too!
I hear you!!! When I have days like that I run away. My whole family is better for it. I really enjoy myself and love them more. What do you do?
I just muster through the day and enjoy the moments of peace that I do get. I don't run away too often, although I probably should. To me, it is just relaxing to be home at the end of the day. I make sure that the kids all have a quiet time in the middle of the day so I can get a few minutes then as well. It helps them to relax and rejuvenate and have a little alone time as well.
Post a Comment