Monday, November 12, 2007

Sick day

Thankfully I'm just about over the cold now but everyone else decided that since I was okay, they could go ahead and get sick now. That was so considerate of them wasn't it? I'm giving breathing treatments, throwing away tissues, and emptying throw-up buckets today. Robert and Sarah are the ones that are sick at the moment. Their asthma kicks in only when they get any kind of sickness that involves their upper respiratory system. Sarah also always throws up when she gets like this. We haven't figured out yet if it's from the difficulty breathing and air swallowing, or the breathing treatments, or the phlegm that she swallows- probably a combination of all of those lovely things. So she hasn't even gotten out of bed yet. We moved a TV in there so she can be comfy and stay put. Robert is on the upswing and just needing treatments throughout the day to stay in good shape. His cough hasn't loosened up much yet but I think it's getting there. Luckily (or unluckily?) we've had tons of experience with this sort of thing. Kaela doesn't seem to be affected yet and Joseph hasn't had anything yet either. We ask a special blessing on them at every prayer so they won't get it! I do not want to have Joseph go through this mess! So I don't have a lot to write today. Just think of me in my bucket emptying, tissue throwing, treatment giving day today.

4 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I'm sorry everyone is sick, I'm glad they waited until you started feeling better though, lol.

Ian threw up last night, though I wasn't fast enough with the bucket so our carpet is now a lovely shade of pink, lol.

I hope they get over it quickly!

Anonymous said...

ugh--NO FUN. Hang in there!! :D

Anonymous said...

oh lena,
so sorry you guys are still doing so rough. poor babies. wish i could help you guys feel better.

i love your heart girl. you are one of the sweetest souls i know. hope the best for you and your babes. love ya friend, kathleen :)

Dallas Meow said...

{hug}
Hope everyone is better soon.

 
design by suckmylolly.com