Last night we went to eat at IHOP (International House of Pancakes). We don't go out to eat very often but we decided to go for Family Night because I was just not feeling like cooking last night for some reason. So we went there because we always have a coupon and there's something every single person likes. On the way in, I reminded the kids to use their polite manners and told them that people would be so surprised to see a bunch of little kids act so well in a restaurant. They really did great last night! Usually a few of them end up under the table at some point or just being extra noisy, but not last night. Right after we all sat down a woman came up to our table and told us how much she admired our family and that we had beautiful children. How nice! Yes, we got quite a few looks last night. I think there were only a couple of other children in the whole place. I heard a little boy, maybe 8 years old and looked like an only child (I'm assuming this since he was the only child there), tell his parents "Look, they have 6 kids, no 5 kids! The reason I want a lot of kids is so they won't get bored and can play with each other." Then he said, "They could play video games that I like and I could slaughter them at Halo!" LOL! I think that's a fair reason to want a lot of kids. So then when we had finished an hour and a half later... we were getting in line behind an elderly man and his wife stopped me and told me how well behaved our children were and that hers were never like that when they went out. I thanked her and then her husband finished checking out, turned around to Peter and shoved a $5 bill into his hand and said "buy something for the kids." Well, we were just shocked and Peter tried to decline but the man wouldn't have it so he said thank you and they left. It was really very strange that he would give us money but I started thinking about my Grandparents and that's totally something they would do. I think that they probably got some enjoyment out of watching us last night and I'm grateful for that. The world is so full of genuinely nice people and I ran into a few last night!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Oh I LOVE it when the kids are good like that!
So what did you get them with the 5 smackers? ;)
, nothing yet since it was just last night. We're thinking it will go in the Christmas fund or to ice cream...
"amen" and I mean that in the most reverent way.
What a nice man!
And how nice that the kids were behaved. :)
Wow, that sounded like a very fun evening, and that man was very sweet to do that.
awwhh beana! what a sweet moment last night. love it. you so rock, kathleen :)
..sigh...! Don't you love it when the night goes smoothly in public :) So sweet you had such recognition! LOVE IT when people are able to be kind & so loving about it. Kinda renews faith in the world, doesn't it! :D
It's moments like that that make it all worth it! What a great job you are doing with your kids!
Post a Comment