Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Perfect Day

I've decided to enter a contest. Goodness it's been ages since I've written on any kind of assignment. So, here is a link to the contest- you should enter! I know that you all have an idea of what your perfect day is and they are all probably as different as the number of days there are!


All Mine

Yawn.
Stretch.
Roll over and snuggle a little bit closer against my sweetie.
Creak. Door squeaks.
There's one. Cover her up too.
Tip toe, tip toe, peek.
There's two and three. Squish a little more.
Thump! And there's four. He'll have none of that! He'd rather jump on us all!
A gurgle and coo and number 5 wants to join in the fun.
Giggles and tickles and everyone up!
Warm socks, hot breakfast, happy voices.
Sigh. Smile. Saturday.

Music and Dancing and Dusting.
Who said work can't be fun?
Outside.
Trimming, pulling, sweeping.
Now play!
Run and chase and tag.
Roll and kick and throw.
Bubbles!!
Red Cheeks, cold hands, heavy breath. In we go!
Warm fire, warm hands, warm soup.
Warm tummies.
Sigh. Smile. Saturday.

Four and Five down for the count.
Squish on couches and snuggle under blankets.
Funny movie. Yummy Popcorn. Hot chocolate.
Mmmmmm.
Sleepiness. Dozing on my honey's arm.
Yawn. Stretch. Snuggle a little bit closer against my sweetie.
Wake to hear their happy voices.
Somewhere playing. Love and friendship.
My Dear and I, into the kitchen.
Cooking. Talking. Kissing.
Now everyone.
Clinking, munching, talking.
Sigh. Smile. Saturday.

Winding down, quiet voices.
Bathing, reading, praying.
Hugs. Kisses. Lullabies.
Deep Breath.
So Quiet.
Reading, blogging, a little television nonsense.
Lazy lounging.
Time with my Lover. More talking. More Kissing...
Yawn. Stretch. Roll Over and Snuggle a little bit closer against my sweetie.
Sigh. Smile. Sleep.

16 comments:

~~Kristal~~ said...

Thank you for writing in this months essay contest :-).. this is a wonderful entry indeed and sound like a wonderful, loving, perfect day..

Crystalyn said...

I really liked it. Easy to read and totally can relate to. You showed all the feelings and emotions instead of words or the activities. I liked it a lot.

Anonymous said...

hey lena:
i loved this, especially your delivery. had so much fun reading your entry. loved especially how you described the little ones waking up in the morning. you did awesome and you made me chuckle out loud at times while reading your words. thanks for sending me an email to tell me you also entered. glad you had fun writing for a purpose again. blessings this day my friend, kathleen :)

Judith HeartSong said...

Yea Lena... what a wonderful and loving post to write! I am so glad you decided to enter the essay contest and to share with us your perfect day! Well done:)

Judith

Jod{i} said...

oooo I realllllly like this!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

lol--I LOVE this! I read the contest description and this should win!! It's perfectly happy! :D

Josi said...

What a great mama you are, Lena. Beautiful entry.

Anonymous said...

hey lena, was today an ideal day? thanks for the email sweetie. thank you for telling me how you thought my writing essay yesterday was inspiring. can't tell you how good that felt to write about that. my back is still trashed unfortunately and am hoping the physical therapy will help some.

hope your night is as awesome as you are friend, kathleen

Karlene said...

I love those perfect days with the kidlets. I really liked the part where everyone piles into bed together.

Anonymous said...

hi lena:
guess what dear? i was tagged for a meme and i answered it with your piece here in mind. i had fun writing it kinda like your way. kinda. yours was totally cute. come and see my meme today. thanks for your adorable example here. hope your night is going groovy, kathleen :)

Randi said...

What a great writer you are! I love that it's so easy to read and still conveys the whimsy of Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Oh this takes me right back to my childhood with days & nights full of family fun and togetherness! Great job!

Christina K Brown said...

Wonderful and congrats!!

I have five kids too!

Lena said...

Thanks again everyone!

Anonymous said...

you did awesome beana.

you rock.

i want to see what you write next when you write with a purpose. you know, there is a november writing contest? theme is "family" and it can be anything (poetry, fiction, non fiction, short, long). if you are interested, let me know and i'll send you the link to it.

you do have a flare and you did get so excited about dabbling in it here. it was really fun for me to see your excitement and your cleverly crafted words happily come alive here in this entry.

hope your day is better than yesterday hon, kathleen :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com