2 posts in one morning!
A fun meme from Kathleen. Let's see if I can even come up with 5 fun facts or stories you may not know about me.
1- I am an Orange Belt in Tai Kwon Do.
2- I was once on a runaway horse without reins nor stirrups (well they were there but my feet couldn't reach them so they were just there flapping around). I held on to the saddle horn for all of my might. I was just supposed to sit on him while my boyfriend and his brother walked him around the corral. They didn't bother to adjust the stirrups so I couldn't stand in them, my feet just kind of dangled in them. They had the reins to lead the horse. They started leading him into the corral- well, he didn't want to go in the corral and hadn't been ridden in at least a year so he started running the other way. He drug my boyfriend's brother through a ditch before he let go. The whole time I was just so mad. Every time the horse would turn I would almost fall off the side. I kept picturing myself falling off and getting my foot stuck in the stupid stirrup on the way down and being dragged and trampled. I was yelling at the horse to stop (what I was really yelling was "Stop you stupid horse!"), but alas, he didn't obey me. I was also really mad because for some reason it didn't occur to me that the guys would drive out and take me back to the house. I was so mad because I was going to have to walk all the way back, lol. Not very rational. When the horse got to where the other horses were I jumped off. I wanted to punch the horse but I refrained. I started walking back and noticed the truck driving my way. They had to catch the horse then because they had to take all the tack off of him and didn't want him tripping on the reins- yeah, that one hadn't even crossed my mind. Russ (the boyfriend) and his brother were really shocked and I later learned that when the horse took off, the brother said "If she stays on that thing, I'm in love!" Ha ha! Oh, I have a picture of me on the horse- I should scan it in! I was really shaken up afterwards, more than I thought I would be and was grateful for the ride back to the house.Back when I had the reins and you can see my feet not all the way in the stirrups there.
3-When I was a teenager I was a little strange (okay I still am). I used to love the sound of echoes in the garage. Specifically the sound of my laughter echoing in the garage. I would get up in the middle of dinner, walk over to the garage door, open it, stick my head in, and just bust up laughing. Yes, I liked the reaction of people when I did that but the echo was pretty nice too!
4- When I was a teenager- 16 or 17- I was home with my little sister Laura while my parents were at the temple. My dad had turned the hose on in the garden and told me to turn it off after 30 minutes. Well, a FEW hours later, I remembered. It was dark outside and the garden was at the back of the very large yard so there wasn't a lot of light to go by. I went out to look at things and the garden was totally flooded. I told my sister that she could go to a party with me later if she would help me bail out the garden. Yes, bail it out. So we took a couple of pails and started bailing out the garden. We did as much as we could, which wasn't much, and tried to prop the corn that had fallen back up in the mushy mud. I told my dad what happened when he got home and that we had tried to bail it out. He just laughed! I didn't know that the garden would be okay and that that much water wasn't going to ruin it all. I was relieved that he was lauging though and not mad about what I thought was a ruined garden. They still get a kick out of that one.
5-I used to write poetry. I wrote this when I was 14 or 15 years old. I've shown it to some of you but it's one of my favorites:
Keep Holding Tight
I fly my kite
Way up in the sky
It reaches and touches
The clouds that roll by.
Sometimes I dream
That I am the kite
Rising and soaring
To immeasurable heights.
But I always keep hold
Of that long thin string.
It keeps me in touch
With the important thing.
The one that guides
With a turn of the wrist
And keeps me from sailing
Into dangerous mists.
If I ever break free
And go soaring alone
There's a chance I would crash
And never get home.
So I always hold tight
And remember a kite
Cannot fly alone
To immeasurable heights.
-Lena Feil Morgan-
I'm going to tag Jen, Crystalyn, and Cami- your turn!
Thursday, October 04, 2007
5 Things You May or Not Know About Me
Posted by Lena at 7:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
hi lena:
really fun to read. thanks for doing the meme, kathleen :)
Cute!! lol. I kinda mixed this tag in w/another on my blog...guess I'm cheating :P
I remember reading some of your poems in your room, way back in high school. I also new you did Tai Kwon Do. I don't remember meeting Russ, but I do remember going on a double date with you. You set me up with this guys twin brother. They happen to both be short Oriental guys. You had a great time but since I am 6 feet tall my date showed no interest in me. It's wild to think about us 10 years ago. Now that I am tagged I'll come up with some good ones too.
Blog on!
Haha! I remember that! Kurt and Kim. I think I set you up with Kim because I was dating Kurt at the time and wanted to double date with you- not because I thought you and Kim would hit it off. I don't even know if Kim ever liked me. I think he thought I was a dork, lol!
Post a Comment