Sunday, October 21, 2007

For Shame

The title was taken from my friend Jen who used it to post about a very disturbing story. I won't bother listing everything here because I think Jen said it succinctly enough so please go read her post. I don't let my kids spend the night at people's houses yet with those whom I know much better than any school teacher, yet, according to this study, it is a very good possibility that every single school district- no matter where you live- has at least one predator. Hopefully it won't be at your child's school. BTW- for those that live here- our local news reported this : "Texas 2nd in teachers sanctioned for sexual misconduct." So, at least go read the article so you will know what you are up against. Disgusting. Now I need to go read some nice things- I'm coming to you Kathleen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrr...

MaBunny said...

Wow, I went over to her page and read that article. That is without a doubt one of the sickest things I've heard lately. I don't have the option to homeschool, but I do know the benefits of it. My daughter is in a semi-private school - LifeSchool - because we pulled her out of public shcools, due to her coming home crying almsot everyday due to just the kids she would encounter, they were MEAN!! Now she is on the 'A' honor roll and happy after school, even when she has homework:))
Thanks for opening my eyes to that problem

Anonymous said...

lena beana:
ah good luck hon. may you never have to face that kind of garbage ordeal.

and i loved the shout-out at the end of your post to me. you keep making me feel special. crazy about you friend, thanks, kathleen :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com