Friday, March 28, 2008

Magic Morning

Wow, this morning has been just wonderful and the only thing I'm sas about is that I didn't take a single picture.

It started off with quick cinnamon rolls made with baking mix (Bisquick type). I had never tried it before but it was so appealing because there is no wait at all. You mix the baking mix with milk, knead for a minute, roll it out on wax paper, butter it, sprinkle on the brown sugara and cinnamon and roll it up. Cute them into rolls and put in a greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes and eat them when they are cool enough! So, I was worried about how good they would be but I need not have worried. I made some icing to go on top and drizzled it on while they were just warm enough but not too hot. Everyone liked them. I was very impressed because they weren't too sweet- which is what I think of most cinnamon rolls, but they didn't taste like biscuits either. They were light and yummy but still filling. Perfect. I got the recipe off of Hillbilly Housewife. Try it!

So after that the kids cleaned up the bathrooms and then we met in the living room and went over the 9th Article of Faith that they are learning right now:

"We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God. "

Then we said the Pledge of Allegiance and stretched and recited the Latin words we learned yesterday and listened to Dona Nobis Pacem a couple of times.

After that I had them all get a book to read or look at. Sarah wanted to read to Eric and that was just fine with me. They all somehow ended up laying on the floor with blankets and looked so nice and cozy that I pulled out Peter Pan and read that to them for a little while. Then Joseph woke up and we decided to finally go for a walk on the trails at the park.

We didn't get very far. There were too many things to look at. Sarah has always wanted to run in a meadow of flowers. Well, we found one on our walk. There were all kinds of wildflowers- bluebonnets even! So the kids romped around there looking at all the flowers and then we started back to the park. After a few friends were made and swings were swung and slides were slid, we headed home. Lunch is over and both little boys are asleep and the older 3 are playing quietly upstairs. I hear little voices making up stories. I wonder what they are playing with...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh...don't you *love* those moments/mornings :) Helps us make it through those 'not-so-calm-and-peaceful' times!

Anonymous said...

he he. i read this and did a double take at first. i thought you said they laid around the floor with buckets (not blankees) and i was wondering what???

you amaze me lena all that you do to manage your little army. i am in awe of you mamma. see you soon girlie, beany :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com