Nothing so constant as change right? I'm kind of lucky in that change doesn't bother me too much. I've always been a "go with the flow" "come what may" type of person. I don't know why- I think my parents are both that way as well. If you aren't Mormon, this post will be mostly gibberish to you. Sorry about that.
This past Sunday we had a big stake meeting that had been anticipated for a few weeks. The Stake Pres said every ward would be affected by the new boundaries. (Most of the wards did turn out to be affected.) I managed to stay out of the loop and didn't know a thing about it until Peter got home from the meeting. I was determined that we would all go to the meeting together. Peter had an early 7 am meeting for the men and managed to get a flat on the way. It seemed like everything was getting in the way of him going to the meeting and he really wanted to go. So I loaded everyone up- we were all up anyway- with a movie and some blueberry muffins and picked Peter up. The kids ate breakfast and watched Animaniacs in the van while Peter went to the second half of the meeting. By the time he came out I knew I probably wouldn't get my way and have everyone at the 10am meeting. I wasn't showered or dressed and neither were the kids. I knew that by the time we got back home it would be almost 9 and everyone still wanted breakfast (the muffins didn't do the trick) and I wouldn't be able to get ready in time to go. It was really a lost cause at that point. People were already arriving to get good seats almost 2 hours ahead of time. I probably could have gotten everyone ready in time for the meeting but I was just too tired by this time to worry about it and I knew if I cracked the whip it would be a terrible morning. You know what I mean? So Peter stayed and rode home with my parents. He got the scoop for me. I have been told that there was a good 1 1/2 hours of speakers before the news was actually given. Well, I live just over a mile from the building that we currently go to but I won't be going there anymore. I will be driving out to the Stake Center. It's still only about 15 minutes away. I remember having to drive almost 30 minutes to the Forest Hill building when I was a kid. But it will certainly be more gas with our 2 cars that we have to take every Sunday just to get us all there. It is a vey nice building though and one that I spent all my years at since I was about 10. I will miss many in my old ward- we were split up quite a bit, but I am sure that I will keep in touch with many through my kids if nothing else. Now we get to be anxious about what we will be doing in the new ward! I suppose we'll find out in the next few weeks!
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Change Change Change
Posted by Lena at 10:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
morning lena beana -- it's gonna work out fine. you'll see. i bet something extra good in your personal life will come from this change. i hope so for you.
hope school is still going well for you sweetie. you're doing awesome to keep doing that! rah rah from your nudger! he he.
blessings and peace my sweet friend, kathleen xo!
Lena, atleast you know the building. We switched to our stake center (which is a 25 min drive) so that they could open more BRANCHES! That really made me mad. They put the wards at the stake center and 5 branches at the building closest to us. I dont think they realize that not all of our people live in the ritzy neighborhood closest to the stake center. For some reason the base is tasked in with them and we are the FURTHEST away from our stake center.
The building is awesome but its a pain to get there and back every Sunday.
hang in there :) Ours is being remodeled & the stake center's abt. 40 minutes away for most...but at least we have somewhere to meet! I just think of the pioneers every time I feel like complaining :P lol!
I'm glad to have you guys with us during this change. Any word on new callings? Nothing to report from our end. :)
Post a Comment