I was checking out my blogger stats this morning and got an unexpected laugh! There were 2 people who did a Google Search and ran across my site. The first one was "taurus loses power uphill" Hmmm, I wonder why that brought my site up. I am not a taurus and I don't think I've ever written about it either. The one that gave me a good laugh was "is the jolly green giant married" LOL! Today my post is the 14th one that comes up for that search. Well, I can tell you that person didn't find the answer on my site. Funny thing is they both stayed around for about 20 minutes so hopefully they found something interesting or entertaining.
Today the kids are going to a homeschool art class that someone started at the Library. The older 2 will be making oatmeal clay which I have never heard of but I'm sure will be quite fun. Kaela will be finger painting and learning some drawing skills. Everyone is excited. This is the first homeschool class we have joined to date! We probably wouldn't be able to join in on this fun either if my mom hadn't agreed to watch Eric for me. Can you imagine him at this class? He's not old enough to participate and he would NOT like that. They want the parents to stay and help so none of the kids would have been able to go. I am more than happy to help where I can and I'm so grateful that my mom could help us out!
So far the year is going very well. We are going to spend some time starting next week teaching the both Robert and Sarah their addition and subtraction facts and Sarah her multiplication and division facts. I think we'll start by using Uno cards. You flip over a card and then ask them what you have to add to it to get 10. They know HOW to do these things, but I want them to know them by memory so math won't be bogged down with figuring it out every time.
Oh I need to get a picture of the kids playing chess too. I cannot pull them away from it! All three of the older kids LOVE to play. They know what the pieces do and everything. Even Kaela who is 4. Peter taught Sarah and she taught the other kids. What a great skill to have! I better be off, it's going to be a busy day!
Friday, September 07, 2007
A Little Giggle and some Homeschool News
Posted by Lena at 7:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I love looking at the search terms, so funny about the Jolly Green Giant.
Yay for a homeschool class, I'm going to be looking into that during the second half of the year, I think.
Have fun :).
That's funny about the Google search. People from Africa & all over have gotten to P&P from searches for "law of the garbage truck" and several other post topics. Funny! Hope those library art classes are great!! GOOD FOR YOU for getting back on track with 5! Who-hoo! It's good to feel more normal again as the months with a new, new-born pass eh?
That is so funny! BTW, thanks for the link!
No prob!
Post a Comment