Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Correctional Facility Field Trip

Kaela decided she wanted to stay at Grandma Kathy's house with the two little guys for this trip so it was just Sarah and Robert with me today. This is the first time I've left Joseph with someone too! The officer took us to the briefing room, the dispatch room, out to see the horses, the training grounds, and his truck. He was very kind but BIG! He must have been at least 6'5". Right at the end of our visit he had to go because there was a pursuit in progress! They didn't let us in to see the jail which is understandable. I wouldn't want the kids exposed to criminals who could say anything to us as we walk past. All in all, a great trip!






5 comments:

frugalmom said...

That is a big dude! Looks like fun. And congrats on leaving the baby. How'd he do?

QueenMeadow said...

How cool! Sounds like a great field trip!

Lena said...

He did great! I put Joseph to sleep before we went hoping he'd just sleep. He woke up after about 20 minutes but he still did great! Whew- Eric slept the whole time so it made things a little easier.

Crystalyn said...

Sounds fun. We have a fire station in our little town too. They even got a new water truck. Which really is a pickup with a tank on the back. They still have a little problem. The shed the truck parks in all winter does not have heat. So for 7 months of the year, if your house is on fire in Rich County the water will be to frozen to put it out. Is that not the funniest thing. Yes, I said 7 months. We actually only have 40 days of growing season. I live in a Winter Wonderland, and love it.

Lena said...

You? You love the winter wonderland? I don't know what I would do in all that cold! Brrr!!

 
design by suckmylolly.com