For the last few weeks I have been wanting to see if I could take all 5 kids out to the store. Yes, my littlest man is almost 5 months old and I still haven't taken them all somewhere like that by myself. Saturday morning rolled around and Peter had to go to an early meeting. The kids were being really great that morning so when they wanted breakfast I decided to take them to have some donuts. I remember my dad taking my to get donuts when I was little and that I actually got to eat at the shop! So everyone got dressed and looking somewhat presentable and went to the shop. They all sat down and waited patiently while I got their donuts. All of them! No one was running around the tiny store or making loud noises or poking each other. Awesome. So we ate, cleaned up and left. We realized we forgot a necessity and took a quick trip home for Joseph's binky. Even he was quiet the whole time we were there. So far so goo. Why not go to WalMart for the big 2 week shopping trip? Yes, it was Saturday but it was still early- only 7:30 (yes, they are all up by 6, every day...)- so the store wouldn't be that crowded yet. Now was my chance. It went FABULOUSLY! Eric helped me push the cart because he just doesn't sit in it anymore. Joesph was sleeping so I left him in the carseat, although by the time we actually got IN the store he was awake. The only time Eric ran off was when he saw the bananas and he stopped at them so it wasn't a big deal at all. Whew! Okay, I can do this! It's a great feeling. Some of you may not think it's a big deal but it usually takes me a few months to feel like taking all the kids out by myself, no matter how many kids it is. I remember it being a few months with my 3rd too. It's just nice to feel on top of things again.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
It really does take months...has with each of mine, too. I usually block 3 months of bleh for morning sickness while pregnant, and then another 3 after the new baby is born until I take on ANYTHING extra! Good for you--so glad it went well :) And lol, B is almost 3 and I still feel an amazing sense of accomplishment when running to the store with all 5 of em!! Doesn't happen often!! :P
Post a Comment