That's totally me. I can't seem to call anyone younger and related to me by their first name. I think I got it from my parents. My Dad always called us "Turkey Face" when we were beating him at some game. My 2 bros and 2 sis and I all had nickname's as well. Amy was "Sugarplum," David was "Hunk-a-bundle," I was "Pooky-doo," Laura's will remain anonymous because I really want to survive to see another day (if I ever decide to share my blog with my family) and Robert's was "Boop." We all called Robert "Boop" "Boop-a-long" "the Booper." We didn't usually call each other by our nicknames besides that. We left that to our parents. Don't get me wrong, we had plenty of names we called each other. Dave thought of some very creative ones for me in particular. So anyway, now I have all kinds of nicknames for our little family members. When Peter and I were dating I called him "Eggroll" once because he was all kinds of good things rolled up into one. That one isn't commonly used. Usually just as a little joke in a letter or something. But I always call him "Baby" and I'm "girl." He's not so much into calling people things other than their names though. Maybe it's because he never wanted to be "Pete." Sarah's is simple- "Sare Bear" She was also our little "Questar" which was the name of the gas company where we lived at the time. LOL I kept wanting to call my Robert "Boop" just because I was already used to calling my brother Robert that. Well, turns out he said he "hates!" that name. I think it sounds too much like some other word... Peter thought it was because it was too cutesy- but that proved way wrong. So I asked Robert if I could call him "Berto" and he said yes. Then I asked if I could call him my little "Cutey pooty pie" and he said yes so I don't think cutsey was the problem. He's also my "cranky panky pants" when he gets moody. That always makes him laugh. Kaela- I call her "Kaela Rayla" even though it's not even close to her middle name which is Rose. I also call her "Rosie-pooh" or just "Rosie". She answers to all of them. Eric is still earning his nicknames. Right now I usually call him "Chubba Wubba" or "Hunk-a-chunk" but we also like "Sir Growls-a-lot" because he does, a lot. Peter thinks it's really funny the way I can just come up with some of them but I can't help it. I'm just a cheesey kinda person I guess.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
I think it is funny some of the nicknames that come along with kids! Just don't put them on a license plate, which I did...dh won't drive the car.
He will be "snugglybug" at home, but not driving the car!
LOL! That is too funny! I got my Dad license plates for my nickname for him- Fudgie! He has kept them through all the cars he's had after that. I need to get him new ones that say "Doggone" which is what my kids call him now.
hey "lean-meat"! just thought i would say thanks for not giving away my nickname!!!! it must remain a secret forever more!
laura :)
You know who gave me the nickname lean-meat? Brian Boyer! I totally forgot about that! But yes, that was my "other" nickname. And Laura, yes, Peter does know yours so be afraid, be very afraid! Maybe we'll teach the kids to call you "Aunt you-know-what!"
Post a Comment