Wednesday, May 31, 2006

My luxuries

It's been a while! Funny how life just takes off and leaves everything else in the dust at times. So, some people think I've made life difficult for myself by homeschooling and cloth diapering and being a slave to Eric's naps and our schedule. I thought I'd ease some of your minds and let you know I give myself a break now and again! I have some lovely little luxuries that I give myself that I think save me a ton of work. My favorite is probably paper plates! Now I'm not talking about the kind that you have to use 2 of so it doesn't fall apart if you pick it up. I'm talking nice Dixie plates. You know what though? For about $4 a month for a big pack, they are GREAT! I don't have to turn my dishwasher on as much and I don't have to wash as many dishes. It's oh-so-nice. Another short-cut I take is buying those individually frozen chicken breasts from Sams. We buy 1 big bag at Sam's a month. I suppose it might be cheaper to buy leg quarters and cook them and take the meat off of them for things like my chicken pot pie or enchiladas or any other casserole but do you know how much time that takes? (I really don't because I've never done it! hee hee) So we get the yummy white meat without having to pick around bones. Nice, very nice. So, there are two of my favorite lazy-me luxuries that I take. Someday when we're "rich and famous" I may even call in a housekeeper once a week to do the bathrooms and floors. Don't put it past me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you Lena! I always buy boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I try to get them on sale and stock up. It is worth the extra .10 to get them!!

QueenMeadow said...

I love, seriously love, boneless skinless chicken breasts. I miss them, I got a fantabulous deal on legs/thighs, so I had to get those. I'll be stocking up on the boneless ones as soon as they go one sale, lol.

 
design by suckmylolly.com