Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ahhh, Fresh Air!

I love Texas. I truly do. Sometimes I wish that it were a little cooler here at nights though so we could always sleep with the windows open. We were able to do that for the last 2 nights and ALL the kids slept the entire night through. They didn't get up until 6:30 which is unusual for most of them. The previous week Eric has been waking up at least once every night and then fully awake by 5:30. Yawn! Makes me tired just thinking about it. We didn't open the boys' window because we thought the noise would probably wake them up but we didn't turn on the A/C either. Their room is usually freezing by the time the air has cooled enough for the upstairs to get bearable. So maybe Eric sleeps better in the warmth than in a freezing room. I know we probably won't be able to do it again soon, if at all until fall but it was really nice the past 2 nights to have the windows open and save some cashola on the electric bill at the same time. Definitely a win-win.

So for an update on my goals if I can remember what they were...
I haven't started working on a school schedule for Fall yet but I have plenty of time (so says the procrastinator in me).
Kaela's potty training success comes in spurts. One day she'll do perfectly, and I won't even have to remind her. The next day we run out of clean underwear because she can't seem to make it even once.
We have been good at getting out of the house more. Today we're actually going to a wading park which should be a lot of fun. The homebody in me is dreading taking 4 there by myself and wondering how in the world I'm going to keep an eye on all of them but I will have friends there and we'll all be helping each other. Plus my kids are usually very cautious and always want to keep me in their sites so I probably don't have anything to worry about.
Not bad for my goals. Gotta keep it up though.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com