We had quite a storm last night. It came on quickly and left it's mark in a few ways. The hail didn't get that big here, only about the size of marbles. Some in our town got golfball and baseball sized hail. It looked like it snowed but it sounded life rockes pelting the windows. I brought the kids downstairs that hadn't already found their way to us because I thought we'd lose a window and that would scare them silly. When I was a teenager we had a storm that broke 2 windows and the car windshield and ruined the A/C unit. But, even though we had winds of 70-80 mph the hail stayed fairly small and the only thing that was ruined was Grandma's swing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was just after the storm passed. The hail covered the drain pipe and was a few inches up. You can see how high this drift is by looking at the foundation.



7 comments:
Holy Cow!!! lol
The last "bad" hail storm we had was 2 days after I got my new van. We were up at the zoo, had just left, and HUGE hail was falling down... we couldn't find anywhere to park under cover...
Looks like "fun"...
??? ;)
Wow!! I'm glad you didn't have more damage, how scary.
hi lena beana -- glad you guys are okay. i was in a hail storm (golf ball size and smaller) one time. freaky. made my car look a meat tenderizer attacked it. ruined it.
take care, kathleenybeany :)
iee! Texas can have some crazy storms...once we had a car totaled just because of hail damage.
Texas storms are one of the things I loved about Texas. I have some great memories. Summer down poors are my favorite.
I miss the crazy storms and weather in Texas. Although I guess now that I'm a mom and car owner it probably isn't that fun anymore.
Hehe Lena, no your story didn't win but itcracked us both up. You were one of the semifinalists though:))
ttyl
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment