So with the new boundary changes for church I am no longer a teacher for the Relief Society (women's class on Sunday), or the pianist. I knew we'd be getting a phone call soon for either Peter or I and sure enough Sunday night the phone rang and while I didn't recognize the name, I knew who it was. I debated answering it only for a second and then set up a meeting for earlier this week. I had a few days to stew over it and speculate. It's hard to speculate when you don't know anything about the ward though or who was even extending the calling (the new thing I will be doing). I figured it would be teaching again, or the nursery, or piano- all of which sounded just fine to me, very comfy. It sounded like that's what it would be too by the way Bro C was talking. "We went over the things people have done and had experience with..." okay, piano here I come, I thought. Nope. "So we've felt that you should be called to be the (insert calling here)." I think I laughed out loud. Really, I'm not kidding. He got a funny look on his face, maybe a little worried that I would say no and asked how I felt about it. I kind of sputtered again and said "okay I think, I've just never done anything like that before." So I let it settle in, and accepted the calling. I suppose I can say on here because I don't think many people from around here read this anyway and the cat is already out of the bag and it will all be done on Sunday anyway. I'm going to be the Personal, Family, and Home Enrichment Leader. Shhhhhh. Want to hear something funny? I was making bread earlier that day and said to myself jokingly "I could be over Enrichment, look at me making bread!" Then I laughed because I always thought of the Enrichment person as a crafty talented McGyver type of person- not me. I think I will be much more comfortable with how they do it now than when it was a monthly meeting. I think there are already some great groups going and I am ready for something new. I still laughed the whole way home though. Honest. If anyone has any advice, hand it over!
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I'm on that committee and it's a lot of fun! Sometimes pretty stressful, but I have fun planning things so I like it. Good luck!
You will be great at that. I've got lots of ideas and some experience if you need to talk it over. (I've been the counselor over Enrichment twice in the past 3years.) It's fun.
I'm a little jealous that you know what your new calling is. We still haven't heard anything!
Ummm I have seen your cakes!!!! That's great!
I think that some of the best Enrichments are not jst crafts, but useable skills and spiritual gifts. Those, my friend, you have a ton of
Not familiar with that , but I bet you will do a great job.
Thanks for entering my contest Lena, and I will ttyl
lena! finally i have a minute to tell you all about these last few years...well the highlights anyways. patrick and i just celebrated the big 5 yr anniversary in january. my little angel melissa turned 4 back in october. hubby is in the air force so we have suffered the past three winters in north dakota. finally we have settled into san antonio. we are finally unpacked and the internet was set up this morning. its only been two weeks in this house but it feels like home already. your family is simply beautiful it all looks like so much fun. i cant wait to learn more about you through your blog. i love you!
You'll be great :D We'll have to share ideas...
I think you will love love love it. Because you can do it with ease.
hi sweetie,
you're going to nail this! i know you will. there is at least one person (likely more) who will experience something so meaningful because YOU were in her path at the right time when you provide something (a word of advice, a caring something, anything) that she needs right when she is ready.
thanks for the welcome home tonight. always a treat to hear from you lena beana. blessings to you and your little ones, beany :)
Post a Comment