Thursday, August 23, 2007

Babies!

Not mine! Remember our spider? Well, she's still hanging around. She moved over one window into the outside of the kitchen window so we see her at meal-times. She was looking very plump for the last few weeks. I figured she was getting ready to make her egg sac. I was right! She was looking rather thin this morning so I looked around and sure enough, up in the corner of the window hangs an egg sac! Ack!!! It totally freaks me out but we are too fascinated by it to do anything but watch to see what happens next. I've read that they won't actually come out until Spring if it doesn't get eaten by birds. Isn't this just too creepy? Here are some updated pictures of her from the inside of our house as well as the outside and on of the sac.


3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Um...gag!

I could probably handle leaving the spider alone, but not all the eggs. You are much braver than I!!

Anonymous said...

The sack looks huge!!!! Got the hebbie jeebies.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

MEMA & POP SAYS THAT YOU SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT IT LOOKS LIKE A BLACK WIDOW SPIDER FROM THE PICS AND COULD REALLY BE DANGEROUS == AND ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS BABIES. THEY MIGHT GET INSIDE THE3 HOUSE. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH CHECK IT OUT LOVE YOUR PICS OF CHILDREN MEMA

 
design by suckmylolly.com