The view from my computer chair is spectacular these days. We have a resident Black-and-Yellow Garden Spider. We were fortunate enough to be present for its latest molting. I didn't even realize that spiders did molt until I saw this one just after its last one. Here are pictures I took as it was molting and then after when she was cleaning up her web. We have looked up the info for this spider and it is a "she." We are hoping she finds enough to eat here because she will probably stay and make an egg sac in the next month or so. How neat it would be to see them hatch after winter! Kind of creepy but still amazing. These are great spiders to have- and so pretty too.
Monday, July 09, 2007
My View
Posted by Lena at 9:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Eww!!!
I'm glad you can handle it because I would have been out there with a hose spraying it off :S, hehe.
Holy cow! That is one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile!
How interesting!
Glad it's not at my house though... ;)
How cool! We had a huge spider living outside last summer and we actually watched her spin her web. It was amazing! Then when the rain came and washed it away, she was back to spinning it right again! She stayed all summer long. I loved it!
Steph
Post a Comment