


You've got to love that grin!
Me 25lbs lighter then and he about 60lbs lighter!
10 years ago yesterday I married the man of my dreams. Many of you have heard the story but I'm going to relate it anyway! I worked in maintenance at the MTC in Provo, Ut the summer after my Freshman year at BYU. I gained a friendship with a great guy who, while he was not my type, would have been great for my roommate. So we planned to set each other up and go on a double date. When I called him to set things up, he said "There's a great guy here right now I can set you up with. Why don't we get together at his house and play games or watch a movie?" Meanwhile, this was the first Peter had heard of it. He'd been back from his mission for about a month and didn't really want to date yet. Too bad! So Hans (my friend) picked us up and we went and had a first great date. We played Scatergories and I remember Peter and I kept writing down the same words. I particularly remember us both writing down "rake" for a 4 letter word starting with "r." We talked about movies and his family watched many of the weird movies we watched growing up, like Solarbabies. We also loved a lot of the same books. Not many people my age would have been interested in watching a John Wayne flick but that's what we did that night after games. lol, we even played a little "footsie!" So we had a great first date and said good-bye with a hug. The rest was history. We spoke with each other every day after that and saw each other every day except 2 I think. After a couple of weeks we both knew where this was headed and had talked about children and money and work and a lot of our dreams and hopes and how we wanted our family to be. It didn't seem weird at all but looking back- wow! That was fast! So after just 4 weeks, Peter proposed and I accepted. I'll have to relate that story in another blog someday, lol. The next thing we had to do was set a date. WE knew he would be going to school in the fall and that I would be working because I couldn't afford to go at the time and I didn't really know what I wanted to study and didn't want to waste any money. So we didn't want to get married in the middle of the semester and I didn't want to get married during the Christmas holidays. That left August. Well, we we met on May 17th, were engaged on June 14th and were married on August 12th! We had known each other ALMOST 3 months when we got married. WE have never been happier than we are today. Last night we said "Happy Anniversary" to each other again and Peter said he's looking forward to the next 10 and hopes they are even better. We know that the best will never be behind us as long as we have each other. Love you Baby!
Monday, August 13, 2007
Happy Anniversary!
Posted by Lena at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Happy Anniversary :). What a great story too, hehe.
What a great story!! I love it!! :D Happy Anniv & 10 years (wow!) to you both!!
Post a Comment