Ha ha! Yeah, wouldn't THAT be nice? 
Actually we started school on Monday like everyone else around here. To end the summer my kids had an end of summer party. We don't do sleepovers here yet. Maybe when the kids are teenagers and can better protect themselves but not yet. Maybe I'm too paranoid. I think it's really because I don't want to say "yes" to some and "no" to others and try and explain why. ANYWAY since we don't do that we had a "late-night movie party" instead. Robert had 1 friend over and Sarah had 7 or 8 people. We watched Ella Enchanted, had popcorn, kool-aid, and Root Beer floats. We put large quilts down on the floor in the living room to protect our carpets (because our carpets are pristine you know...). Of course the red Kool Aid was spilled on the one strip of cream colored carpet showing. (Okay it's more of a Spotted Owl color at this point, if it ever was cream.) There was much screaming and squealing and running and dressing up and sword-play all evening. It was a blast! I'm sure we'll make it an annual thing. Maybe even have a Christmas party if I can talk Peter into it.
Speaking of him, I got this funny shot of him that night. He'll kill me for posting it.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Just Another Day at the Beach
Posted by Lena at 7:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment