Last post for the day, I promise! Great Great Grandma turned 95 on the 24th of April this year. If only we can all be as healthy and happy as she is at this age. She has 2 children, 10 (I think) Grandchildren, over 40 Great Grandchildren (of which I am one), and I think she's working on about 25 Great Great Grandchildren. Isn't that wonderful!!!
The kids had a great time "decorating" for her party with whatever things we had lying around. They made a crown for her and wanted to lower it down on her head from the loft. The string got tangled so Sarah just ended up placing it on her head. She loves parties as much as the rest of us. We went to get her handicap placard renewed and won't have to go in again until her 100th birthday. I think she just might make it!! We put 5 candles on her cake as a count down to 100. It's been a great 8 years having her here with us and we hope for many more!
The kids had a great time "decorating" for her party with whatever things we had lying around. They made a crown for her and wanted to lower it down on her head from the loft. The string got tangled so Sarah just ended up placing it on her head. She loves parties as much as the rest of us. We went to get her handicap placard renewed and won't have to go in again until her 100th birthday. I think she just might make it!! We put 5 candles on her cake as a count down to 100. It's been a great 8 years having her here with us and we hope for many more!



8 comments:
Lena, I think that is so awesome that you have your great grandma living at your house! You are a great woman! How special for your kids too to be able to know her so well.
About cake decorating.... my sister Brittany had me make her wedding cake so I took a Wilton class from Michaels. They offer 3, but I've only taken one, but I had so much fun. I'm in the process of making a blog right now that has all of my cakes and other stuff too. It is jenscookingcreations.blogspot.com I'm gradually adding the pictures/ recipes, etc. I would love to be a member of the pancakes and pinesol blog. If you want you can e-mail me at jennifer.l.prattatgmail.com
WOW, happy late birthday to your great grandma. I remember meeting her, shes very sweet. And a lae Happy Birthdayto your littleJoJo man:)) He is soo cute. Looks like youhad a great time at the zoo.
ttyl
CUTE blog layout!! :) Did you do it? Happy Bday times, looks like everyone's having fun--and Lena, you're amazing :)
LENA you changed your blog!!!! It is very cute.
Happy Birthday to your little man and to your Great Grandmother
Thanks y'all! No I didn't create the layout myself but you can scroll down to the VERY bottom to see where I did get it. The name of the site sounds terrible but there's nothing nasty there that I've found, lol. Just templates!
Anyway- who is anonymous? You forgot to sign your name!
Okay nevermind it was Heather!
Yeah. I hope I am that happy and healthy at 95 too. Wouldn't that be great to be alive for so long.
I love the fact that you are having your great grandma live with you. What an incredible opportunity for her, you, and your children. Thanks so much for your support on my blog. It really meant a lot to me.
Post a Comment