But no pictures yet. I have been putting off blogging because I keep leaving the camera at my mom's house but I'm just going to have to catch up on pictures later.
We had an awesome Christmas. "Practically perfect in every way" to quote a smart lady. Not too much and not too little. I already used up two of my presents from my mom. I read the second and third books in the Twilight series in 2 days. I hate that I've read them already because I'd love to KEEP reading them but I'm too busy to spend all day reading now anyway. I'm probably going to start them over for another read after all the hoopla is over and done with.
Almost all of my siblings are here now (miss you Dave and Keri!) and we are having a great time so far. The boys are all of riding bikes this morning leaving us women folk at home- unless Laura decided to go- go Laura! Dad says they won't be long but I really wonder what "long" means to him. They are always at least 3 hours. I think the problem is that I look at the time when Peter leaves and he look at the time when they actually start on the trail. So, I don't expect them back until a bit before noon. Let's see if the surprise me, lol.
I will be making more caramel today.
I MAY be getting my haircut, although I think I will still keep it long. Not sure though- suggestions would be nice.
I was in a real funk last night. Probably because my usual good natured baby would not go to sleep. I think he wasn't feeling all that well though. He was knocked over on the tile and got a bloody nose and I think swallowing some of it gave him a bit of a tummy ache. Try pinching an 8 month old baby nose. They hate it and it's not easy!
I lost at the extended family Mario Kart tournament- not too surprising and I was in good company with my soon to be sis-in-law Shea.
That's right! I met my future sil Shea the other night. She and Robert came over and we played Chicken a few times. (It's a fun dice game.) She had some great beginner's luck going on and won every game! The kids love her and so do the rest of us.
Grandma will want black-eyed peas tonight I'm sure. Blech! It's a southern New Year's Eve tradition. Good luck and all that. She doesn't even really like black-eyed peas but she has them every year. No one else likes them either. Maybe I'll get a can and she can have her own little bowl. Yuck. Now, if she LOVED them, I might find a good recipe and fix it for her, but just for good luck? I found a broken mirror yesterday so I think we're already ruined on the luck front. Guess we'll have to rely on prayer ;)
I'm going to think of some New Year's Resolutions this year. I'm sure I will finally put the weight one in there. I'm actually already losing so I just need to keep it up for another 20 pounds and then I'll be at what is probably my ideal weight now. I know better scripture reading will have to be one as well. Maybe if I make Christmas cards one, I'll actually get them out in 2008...
School starts soon! I'm a little excited. Not as much as I was. Part of my wants to scrap it because it's just one more thing to do. I think it's really important though so I won't. I'm sure I will be more excited once I start. I think it would be more fun if I were GOING to class instead of taking internet courses but that would also be more overwhelming since Joseph is still so little.
I'll be back later in the week with pictures and firm resolutions!!
Monday, December 31, 2007
Lots of stuff!
Posted by Lena at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Well Lena I'm glad you had a great Christmas, I did too.. Sounds like you had a good old fashioned family packed Holiday. Glad you are excited about school. Will look forward to the pictures and I should have some up too:))
Marcy
Afternoon Lena (it is here, anyway)!
Sounds like you had a great Christmas!
I look forward to those pictures!
Lena,
Black eyed peas can be easy. I can post you a recipe. My neighbor said the same thing about black eyed peas until she ate hubby's hehe. Now she begs for them every year.
good morning awesome lena beana,
NUDGE NUDGE he he
so glad you are enjoying all of them.
hope the little guy is doing better now. hope your mood is better, too. big hug to wipe away the funk.
you rock,
your nudger :)
Did you get your hair cut?
Heather
Sounds like your Christmas was good!
How do you play Chicken? We're big on games around here, but I don't know that one.
Keep us posted on the haircut. I wanna see!
Happy New Year! Glad you had such a great Chritmas! :) heh, I ditto what you wrote re. reading the Twilight books! Couldn't put the last one down! :P Hope you're all feeling better & that you DID get a haircut that you love! It's worth it to take care & pamper yourself just a bit :) How's your class going? What're you starting with again?
hi beana,
so fun to get to talk and giggle with you on the phone again yesterday. you are a doll.
that's going to be so cool to get to visit you when we are together in utah in april. can hardly wait to go to walmart with ya. haha.
kathleen xoxo
hi beana,
hope your Sabbath day was extra special hon. i posted about some of mine.
take care hon,
kathleen
hey beana,
i'm a looking but i still don't see that funny thing you were telling me you were going to post about :)
thanks for the sweet email friend. you made my day. thanks for being so sweet to me. you lift me up so much, beany :) xoxo
good morning my adorable lena friend. you so made my week with that adorable thing you told me this week. thank you for being so good to me. you don't know how much your cute notes lift my days hon. you rock, kathleenybeany :)
Post a Comment