I was still sleepy eyed the other day when I came downstairs to get Eric out of his crib. I hadn't turned the light on yet but I could see well enough to see that there were some dark clumps on the carpet by the fireplace. Great. I was NOT happy. Our cat hadn't ever left presents for me on the carpet before. So I turned on the light and the kids looked down from the loft to see what I was so pleased to find. Well, I was wrong! Sarah yelled, "the fish!!" and sure enough, there it was. Our beta fish that I had kept alive for over 2 years now, on the floor, along with little rocks and fake trees and his plastic home. Our cat likes to walk on the mantle, which is where the fish lives. I guess she was a little clumsy that night and knocked the fish over. I was a bit perturbed. I had after all, kept the fish alive for a long time as far as my fish go. So I got the net to pick it up and take to its watery grave when the fish flapped, or flopped- one of the two. So I hurried and got a bowl and put the fish into it. I was sure it wouldn't live after the shock it had received. It had been out of the water for at least an hour because the kids had been up that long and hadn't heard a crash. Well, he's still alive and kicking today! This fish, with no name, must really like it here to want to stay alive so badly...
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
LOL! That's crazy!! Glad he lived :) Fun to see you back here in blogging world ;)
wow! he is like rocky -- he never dies or goes away.
Awh, that was precious! "That really hurt, Charlie!"
I'm going to post the interview questions here because I'm afraid to use your email.
1. What draws you to other blogs?
2. If you could give one flower to each of your children, which one would it be?
3. Finish this. Sunlight is...
4. Your favorite thing about the outdoors is... ?
5. Give your unmarried self (from the past) a marriage tip you wish you'd known then.
Get these back to me when you can so I can include in your review!
That is hilarious.
Post a Comment