Thursday, July 19, 2007

An Update on the Mundane

So I mentioned a couple of posts back that we would just have the van to transport our family places. Well, I believe as a result of paying our tithing we have since been able to purchase a little car for Peter to take to work. Funny but now we will actually save about $100 a month because he doesn't have to buy all that gas for the van! It's a little '04 Nissan Sentra. Basically it's a newer version of his old car. We love it because we know it is reliable and because Peter knows how to fix just about any problem it may have.

My Great Grandma (who lives here with us) has fallen twice in the last month. The good thing is she doesn't have Osteoporosis or she would have broken something. She did get a little bruised and reprimanded by the doctor for not using a walker. She hates that thing and would much rather just use her cane but if she loses her balance a cane isn't going to be much help. She just had her physical and the doctor said she is very healthy. I hope I live to be at least 94 and in good health as well.

The kids are doing great and are still doing the bare bones of schoolwork for now. We'll get back into the real swing of things when Peter goes to work at Fidelity. The kids have collected many critters this summer so our science lessons have been more extensive than usual. So now in addition to our 3 Guinea Pigs and 1 Beta fish we have a Crawdad (crayfish) that the kids found in the street after a big rain living in a bin with rocks and water in our garage, a caterpiller in a jar on our mantel with some leaves and a twig, and a big huge Garden Spider on the OUTSIDE of our window who we think has already mated and should be creating her egg sac sometime this summer. It has been fascinating to see some of these things and learn about each of them this summer.

Peter is working part time for some people that we know who own an investment firm. It's tedious but we're grateful for something to tide us over until the job starts.

I'm just trying to get a handle on the house again. So far I'm losing the battle but I'm determined to get things back into a semblance of order. I'm still reminding myself I have a little baby that loves me so much he just wants to be held a lot. I really should utilize my sling a bit more here at home. It's just so nice to sit and rock him though. I don't think I'll ever regret doing that.

2 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Yay for a little commuter car!! (and the gas money it will save)

You are way more adventurous than I. I could probably handle having a crawdad as a pet though, lol.

Take all the time you can, for rocking, those babies don't stay babies for long ;)

Life ticks on said...

Your so funny. I love the way you write. We tried the multi pet thing this past year. Lets see we had 3 ghost shrimps (all died!), a beta fish (died), a crab (died!), and a hamster (she survived! but we gave her away). Needless to say if we get another pet it will be a simple pet... a cat!

Anyways I am off to pick up the camp kids...

 
design by suckmylolly.com