My very first post on this blog had some goals that I set for myself. I think I need to re-think and create some newer versions of my goals. Things have changed quite a bit since then. Baby #5 has arrived and Peter graduated and will be starting his new job next month. Unfortunately we had a great idea to sell his car last semester so he could bike to school and we could pay off some debt. Now he has a job that is an hour away and we have a minivan- that's it. We are still paying on the van and can't afford another car payment- and don't want another one either- so we are trying to pay it off asap and find a cheap reliable car for dh to take to work. We'll probably be stuck at home most days until then. I'm thinking through Christmas and until we get our next tax return. It won't be fun, that's for sure! Thankfully I have my mom who is willing to let me use her car if I need to for a Dr. appt or something like that. I figure we'll get down to business with some serious schooling and get creative at home with things to do. I haven't been out alone with all 5 yet anyway. That will be interesting. I'll probably put Eric in a stroller and Joseph in the sling. Eric is just barely 2 as of last month and still thinks it's fun to run away from me so no park days alone yet either. Thank goodness for a backyard! Anyway- I was supposed to be talking about my goals, lol! Here are a few for now:
- Cook dinner every night- As much as my kids would love having cereal for dinner a little more often, I can't get lazy anymore! We've had too many of the "easy" meals lately. Things like mac and cheese, hot dogs (blech!) rice with milk and sugar, even cereal are a few of the things we've had in the past month. I MUST be better for me and for my kids.
- Exercise-I have a great bike that I want to ride 3x a week. I also want to work out on my yoga ball another 3x per week. I have never weighed this much before and I am NOT loving it.
- Have more fun with school. Towards the end of my pregnancy with Joseph I became a real grump and not the best homeschooling mom. I need to get back on track and remember just how much fun this can be. Oh how I love to watch my kids learn!



2 comments:
You get used to being "stuck" at home. We have only had two cars at once, twice in our marriage and that wasn't for very long. Right now I try to plan one day where I take Stu to work so I can have the car, I know your commute is longer so you may have to move that to once every two weeks. But you'll get used to it, it isn't that bad :)
Once you decide that you can only do one easy meal a week, then its a lot easier to get over the "aww, I have to cook again?!" mentality, at least for me. I struggle with it a bit but I feel a lot better when I eat well and that always helps :)
You can do it!
We've done the one car thing a LOT--it'll go by fast! Hang in there!! Sometimes it is nice to be forced to focus more on home. :) For cooking, Once a Month Cooking is A-W-E-S-O-M-E. One, yes, one day a month, and you're done. Awesome, varied, yuuummmmy meals for a month. Gotta love that. It's like eating out. :D We never eat better than when I do OAMC.
Post a Comment