Saturday, September 23, 2006

A couple more things

I forgot to mention a few funny things that happened at the hospital. After the "giggle juice" (not sleepy juice as I mistakenly called it) that they gave the kids to relax them before the anesthesia they got really funny. The reason they were in rooms next to each other and not the same room is because they were tiny rooms and only fit one bed in each room. Robert had his first so Sarah stayed with me for a few minutes in there. As soon as it started working Robert got a little goofy. He told me his voice kept getting "lower and slower" and kept telling me that. Then he pretended his finger was a train- sort of made sicne since it was the finger with the oxygen monitor on it so it had a little light. By then Sarah had had hers and wanted updates on what Robert was saying. The next time I checked on him he had his fingers holding up his eyelids and was complaining that his eyes were habving trouble staying open. Sarah didn't get quite as goofy only because she didn't talk a whole lot. She was coloring and when I held out the colors for her and asked her which one she wanted she giggled, said "All of them!" and grabbed the whole handful. Then when she was getting obviously tired, I started putting them away and she got sad and said "but I LOVE to color!" then I told her she was starting to act goofy like Robert and she started giggling again. Neither of them cared when they wheeled them out to go to anesthesia so I am glad that they gave them the "giggle juice" to help them relax.

I wanted to mention another thing too before I forgot. The other day a friend called to let me know a few people were going to McDonald's for lunch. We decided to meet them there. I told Sarah that she would probably be the only 7 year old there because her friends were in school and so were other kids her age. She thought for sure there'd be someone else her age there but I assured her that probably wouldn't happen. I told her there weren't that many kids that were homeschooled around here. She said "Wow, we're really lucky!" Talk about heart warming! I know we're doing what is best for them right now but it's nice to hear that they like it too once in a while.

2 comments:

frugalmom said...

How sweet of her to say that! Sometimes I feel like my kids don't realize how lucky they are and how good they have it. But that is a vent for my own blog, LOL.

Anonymous said...

How cute! Too bad you didn't have a video camera there! And it is always nice to have reassurance that you are doing the BEST for your family!
Lisa

 
design by suckmylolly.com