Whew! I've got to get on top of this. I have a lot of pictures but they're just going to have to wait because I don't have the time at the moment. We had so much fun with my sister and her family! They came to visit and we went swimming, swimming, and swimming! We had perfect weather for it and I think all the kids turned into fish. The girls were so sad to say good-bye to each other. It helped a LITTLE bit that they know we will be up to see them next week!
We discovered Robert has another food allergy the other night. 7-layer dip was on the menu (okay 5 layer...) and half of it had guacamole on it (yuck!) I dished everyone up and the kids starting picking at it. I took Eric into the living room and came right back. I took one look at Robert and he was covered in spots! I said "STOP EATING!" gave him a nice dose of Benadryl and gave his something else for dinner. It was about 30 seconds from the time he started eating until I came back to see him covered in hives. So, he's not getting avacado again anytime soon. He said his throat was feeling wierd too but the Benadryl worked quickly and by the time dinner was over the spots were almost completely gone. I called his doc yesterday and got her to call in an Epi-Pen Jr. just in case we come up against anything worse. Now things are back to the mundane for a while. People still ask me if I'm going to continue homeschooling- YES! I love it and the kids do too. I think they will miss a lot of their friends when school starts again because it's hard to get together and play when they don't get home until 4pm. Luckily we have met a few people that we get together with once in a while with a similar schedule as ours. And thank goodness we like each other! Siblings are built-in playmates! Peter and I are kinda fun too ;)
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Posted by Lena at 8:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Yay for cousins and swimming!!
I'm sorry about the avocado but yay for having an epi.
4? my kids are home by 2:30 at the latest and that seems too late sometimes. You are amazing homeschooling them. I didn't even last the summer :S
Yes My earliest public school piano student can't come until 4. They get out at 3:30 I think but by the time they get home (it's bad if they ride a bus!) it's so late!
Post a Comment